Tuesday, May 15, 2012

SEE: Aida: The Opera Comes to Dallas

The other night, my sister and I took in the opening night of Green Day's "American Idiot" (see my post at Miss A for details).  If you haven't seen it and are a fan of the musical arts and/or Green Day, you would do yourself a dissservice by not picking up tickets at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.

While we were there, I found a flier for the upcoming Dallas Opera season.  One of my secret loves, Opera does beautiful things.  I love the scenes on stage, the way the music swirls around me when I close my eyes, the opportunity to get all dolled up and most of all the stories being told in such a classic way.  Not to mention, the Winspear is a beautiful facility -- all polished woods, deep red velvets, shining glass and gleaming chrome -- that almost begs that you come and enjoy the scenery.


Winspear Opera House (credit: AT&T Performing Arts Center)

This year's Dallas opera season is aptly titled Pursuits of Passion.  Doesn't that sound delicious?  Heading up the season is Aida (the tale of conflicted interested, divided loyalties, two princesses and sexy sailing captains...expect a diverse cast, lots of conflict, unique costumes and glorious singing) opening October 26th, it's an event not to be missed.


Latonia Moore as Aida (credit: Dallas Opera)



No comments:

Post a Comment