Saturday, January 25, 2014

WATCH: PBS Masterpiece Theater's Sherlock

Let it be known that I am an unabashed Sherlockian --- fan of the BBC original (airing in the US on PBS' Masterpiece Mystery) Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson.  Since middle school, I have been fascinated by the stories of Sherlock Holmes and have enjoyed it's many incarnations, but this one by BBC is hands down and away my favorite.

Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes (credit: PBS Press)


It's clever, modern, smartly sexy and captivating.  I love the way that modern technology is woven into stories and that the characters are rich, full and allow you to get absorbed into each episode.  Film length, each episode could stand alone, but the story is deeper, like a great trilogy, if you've seen the back story.

Below is the Season 3: Prequel courtesy of BBC.



Season 3 is airing on Sundays now on PBS after my other period favorite Downton Abbey, but seasons 1 and 2 are available on Netflix and Amazon Direct.

And my here's a snippet of the witty banter that has made me a huge fan of the series.  In this segment, Mycroft, Sherlock and Irene Adler verbally duel... once again, smartly sexy.


Cheers to happy television.

No comments:

Post a Comment