Sunday, February 23, 2014

WATCH: Movies that We are Waiting For... Noah, Maleficent and X-Men Days Future Past


When I get a break, I adore going to the movies.  I love the smell of hot popcorn, the feel of cushy seat and a pair of 3D glasses.  It's one of my favorite me-time experiences... happily, it is one that I love to share with my children.

Here are three movies that I am anxiously awaiting with previews for your viewing pleasure.

First up... the waves will rage and hopefully there's a gorgeous rainbow in...

Noah

Coming March 27

The Biblical story brought to life by Black Swan's Darren Aronofsky featuring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Emma Watson and Anthony Hopkins.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he takes the tale and brings it to vivid color. The preview feels energetic, a touch dark and faith inspiring. (My daughter thinks it will be more adventure and a little bit scary.)  We'll see how it comes out.  I have a feeling this will be a great one to wear 3D glasses in.


Next up the delightfully dark and probably poignant...

Maleficent 

Coming May 30

Starring Angelina Jolie as the villain in the Sleeping Beauty story is going to be a treat.  I've been (ok, we've) been loving the previews for this one.  It reminds me of Wicked as told by Disney.  Back stories always catch my eye, and we can't wait to see how Maleficent becomes her Fierce Powerfulness.  


Last up... well until I go to the movies again and something else catches my fancy....


X Men Days Future Past

Coming May 23

I have an unabashed love for Superhero movies, Marvel comics and the X-Men series.  I loved it as a cartoon.  I've loved it in comic form and spend many a night watching FX and X-Men replays.  Up next is the best ensemble production of the X-Men in the last few years. This story picks up after The Wolverine and is one where Wolverine is sent back to change history and save the world from doom. It's going to be fabulous fun!   



Which is your favorite?  Share below.

7 comments:

  1. I love the X-Men series. I haven't seen the other ones, but they look like something my husband would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look awesome. Our house is split between the three!

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited to see Maleficent. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Disney villains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I always feel like they've got a good story that we've haven't heard yet.

      Delete
  3. I really want to see Noah ... I'm hoping it's a really good, accurate portrayal of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited, but I always expect a Hollywood-ization (literary license) of the Bible stories. Sometimes I'm surprised. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Maleficent. And I know we'll be seeing the X-Men movie... :)

    ReplyDelete